$20 1-time bidding fee required to join, bid and view auction pricing. This fee will be a donation to Know Your Rights Camp.
A$AP FERG: PAINTING ON SHOEBOXRegular price $0.00 Save $0.00
DONATED BY: A$AP FERG
Painted on a shoe box.
“The series was created when I was thinking about how conditioned we are as people . Some of these conditions were brought on by racism , slavery and systematic oppression. These have kept minorities down. The series is about realizing what’s happening and breaking it by thinking positive , optimistic and seeking out new answers and never confirming to the pressures of society.
In this one painting it’s me in the elevator feeling inferior to a bunch of white people that got on with me.”
“Years of conditioning lead me to feeling I was lower then them , I didn’t wanna speak loud , move too much and was timid on how I conducted myself with them. Funny thing is I’m pretty sure they was a good group of people but the conditioning in my mind put mental blocks on me of not being myself around them. It’s similar to when my mom used to put that white voice on when she and her phone at work. It’s like why? Conditioning ? Is that voice better than ours ? Soon as I locked into the thought of conditioning I wanted to break it. Break condition and create new tradition is the slogan. Here is my painting “ boy in elevator” painted with Multi surface on a Tiffany box. As the only black hip hop artist that’s the face of Tiffany’s I’ve done commercials with them and even performed at they store in Australia and flag ship store in NYC. I was able to have a listening party in the store with all my friends and family from my hood there. I used to have to walk past Tiffany everyday from highschool of art and design to get to the train to go home. I’ve always dreamed of purchasing diamonds or even collaborating with the brand one day. Back then I only thought the brand was for older rich white people so I never even bothered walking in the store. But me thinking bigger I allowed myself still to dream of a collaboration with the legacy brand."
- YOU WILL NEED A VALID CREDIT CARD IN ORDER TO PURCHASE THE ITEM YOU HAVE WON IN THE EVENT YOU WIN AN AUCTION-ALL ORDERS MUST SHIP TO THE BILLING ADDRESS
- YOU WILL RECEIVE A WINNING CONFIRMATION E-MAIL UPON WINNING TO COMPLETE CHECKOUT WITH VALID CREDIT CARD
- SALES TAX WILL BE APPLIED IF APPLICABLE
- SHIPPING AND HANDLING MAY BE BILLED IN A SEPARATE INVOICE DEPENDING ON THE ITEM AND LOCATION OF THE WINNING BIDDER
- ITEM MUST BE ACCEPTED IN THE CONDITION IN WHICH IT WAS DONATED.
- ITEM CANNOT BE EXCHANGED OR RETURNED.
- FINAL SHIPPING COST WILL VARY DEPENDING ON WINNER’S LOCATION.
- SHIPPING COSTS MAY BE BILLED SEPARATELY FROM THE WINNING AUCTION PAYMENT ONCE DETERMINED.
- THE SHIPMENT OF THE ITEM WILL BE INSURED FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THE WINNING BID AMOUNT.
- ITEMS ARE 100% AUTHENTIC - DONATED DIRECTLY FROM TRUSTED PARTNERS AND FRIENDS TO THE KERWIN FROST TELETHON.
- NO ADDITIONAL AUTHENTICITY DOCUMENTS WILL BE PROVIDED UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED IN THE ITEM DESCRIPTION.
- AUCTION ITEMS SHIP IN A TIMELY MANNER AFTER AUCTION IS OVER AND PAYMENT AND SHIPPING DETAILS HAVE BEEN ARRANGED WITH THE WINNER.